Purchases And Sales, Mobile Home Law And Evictions
As a licensed real estate broker, Realtor® and attorney with more than 30 years of experience, I have detailed knowledge of the many issues involved in buying and selling commercial real estate. Additionally, I manage rental apartments. This gives me an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day problems that arise when dealing with tenants. My personal experience allows me to anticipate and resolve the types of problems that arise every day in the course of owning and operating rental property.
I have focused on advising and representing property managers for 20 years. My work in this area has included:
- Litigating evictions (also known as unlawful detainers) arising from failure to pay rent or follow established rules such as those involving barking dogs, loud music and property maintenance
- Advising clients about applicable laws, including state and federal laws against housing discrimination and those governing rent-controlled apartments
- Resolving issues related to subsidized housing, including matters related to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Negotiating with state and federal agencies to resolve claims of discrimination
- Drafting rules and regulations
I have handled matters such as these for a variety of rental property owners and managers, but I have concentrated especially on clients who own or manage mobile home parks. This niche area of real estate law combines landlord-tenant law with applicable mobile home law and issues related to government subsidies.
Representing A Variety Of Long-Term Clients
I also assist both buyers and sellers with the purchase and sale of other types of commercial real estate and single-family homes. A number of my clients are long term and retain me for a variety of ongoing real estate services. Such clients include senior housing providers as well as California mobile home park owners and managers.